Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The server is unavailable and could not be accessed. The server is probably disconnected from the network

All of a sudden my FAST search crawler is returning the following error on every item:
The server is unavailable and could not be accessed. The server is probably disconnected from the network

I already had DisableLoopbackCheck enabled so that wasn't it.
In any case, I removed the DisableLoopbackCheck and decided to try BackConnectionHostNames instead (ie: the safer method). This also didn't help
I tried adding in DisableStrictNameChecking. This also didn't help.
Hours of searching, I was about to give up, then I thought I'd check the hosts file. At that point, I remembered that I added an entry there when I had previously done some maintenance on that server. After I removed that errant entry, my crawler now works.

5 comments:

  1. WOW.. after 2 days of trying to fix this. fucking stupid hosts file!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saved me lots of time - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it worked for me as well. Thanks a ton !

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...thanks for posting. Have been trying to figure it out for 2 days.

    ReplyDelete